Saturday, November 6, 2010

Why Voting Is So Hard

Ohmigod, you know what is just the worst? Like, worse than the new season of Project Runway, even? Having to do things to be able to vote. Why can't, like, they just come to my house and ask me whom I want in office? But not while I'm at work, obviously, and not when it keeps my away from my television set or from going to the bar with all my gals. But other times, I mean. When I'm free and can dedicate some time to it. Of course, they'll also need to tell me about the candidates and ballot measures, because I can't be expected to study up on those things, but they could do that.

Since they didn't, of course, I didn't vote. Because why should I? Actually, by not voting I am voting for a new system. Get it?

I've only lived in this city for over a year. How can I possibly be expected to fill out three lines of paper? I mean, GOD! I have things to do! It's not even my fault, right?Like. lots of other places give out cake and candy when you register to vote. If that had happened here, I would have registered like 10 times. It's all New York's fault, really. Have they never had people move here before? It seems like they haven't.

And how did all these dumbasses get elected, anyway? Why weren't you people out there voting for the right candidates? Like Bush and stuff. And even though I didn't vote, I am fond of making sarcastic comments on the internet about politicians I disagree with, which is like the same thing. It's probably good I didn't vote, because then I'd have to feel bad if I voted for someone that turned out to be different than I expected. And, like I said, it's all New York's fault.


Actually, worse than all that is this excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment